Friday, December 18, 2009

love games

I'm watching The Game
Neo-noir at its finest 
And scary as hell. I'm jumping all over the place.

The suspense was like at knife edge. I couldn't even get up to refill my tea. I was glued to my sofa. But do not fear I had my tea cup with Queen Elizabeth II's face on it. Her majesty comforted me in one of the world's top 100 scariest movie moments.

Kudos to director David Fincher for scaring the bloody hell out of me. First Seven, now the Game. Fincher you are a genius. Especially for using one of my favorite songs, in one of my now favorite scenes. White Rabbit by Jefferson Plane combined with a house shrouded in UV light graffiti. So beautifully terrifying. 

'One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall'

Heavily, utterly and severely recommended 

xox Eve-Rei

No comments:

Post a Comment