Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
What is this strange phenomenon?
Eve Rei, back on the interweb?
What is the world coming too?
I feel like such a bad person for not posting in ages, but my internet has been a bitch and refused to upload any pictures
And I can't have a post with out pictures
It would just look naked!
So I'm back, and hopefully my renewed romance with my bandwith will last the test of time.
I actually had to relocate partially to Surbiton, due to my house been further transformed into a void of inhospitable modern poop, meaning that my bus route passed all my favourite charity shops.
See there is always a silver lining to every cloud.
Though the silver lining is a spend thrift.
001. The Kick-ass Massive Sweater, as my sister has dubbed it. I have a feeling though, that KMS doesn't actually stand for that. It could be Kiss My Strudel, or Koala Mash Sausages. The possibilities are endless.
002. I found this lovely maxi skirt in the Princess Alice Hospice. Ironically, afterwards I went into Waitrose to do the shopping and a lady was wearing the same thing, hehe.
003. I don't know what happened, but every single charity shop in Surbiton is heavily shocked up on tartan. Its crazy, like a giant Vivienne Westwood came to town and threw up, and of course VW is so bloody cool that she actually chucks up beautifully crafted kilts.
004. I found this beauty in the Kingston Antique Market. A little pricer at £24, but well worth it. She's so silky smooth. What I wish my legs could be like...
005. I love Chihuahuas, like an astronomically large amount, so how could I not buy this cutie from Accessorize? And there were matching earrings too!
006. My prancing horse neckylace is from Asos, and goes with practically everything. Its quite a lot bigger than most of my jewelry, but I was in need of some equestrian bling.
007. The first, the quilted Mary Poppins bag was found in the Cancer Research shop, and is so big! It fits in so much stuff. After a lot of my possessions went missing I found that it actually has a secret compartment at the bottom, ooo sneaky, tehe.
008. The second, I found in Oxfam, and is so cute, and the wine colour is divine, I literally want to drink the bag and have it live its lovely heritage styled life in my tummy.
009. I found this nail polish in Florence and it is so cute, my nails are completely bedazzled now, hehe, I get starstruck from just glancing at them. Now that is what a girl looks for in a polish.
010. Finally, I found these lovely postcards in Florence, all dated pretty close to the start of the 20th century. I had my matey Esme translate them from french, and they're all really sweet messages about christmas, how topical? tehe
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Eve Rei back on the web?
run for the hills!
I'm sorry I've been gone so long, but there just was no time in between all this new A level chiz
I got a job, fun times, really fun times. I now work in a charity shop, The Children's Society, and I get to sort through the loveliest clothes, like Ralph Lauren, and Whistles and Topshop. And today we got a massive batch of vintage clothes, like a royal blue velvet coat, as well as a black cape complete with a gold leaf clasp.
So if y'all are in Surbiton, on the day of sat, from 2pm, I'll be a'working
Its also that time of the year again.
yes tehe, the whole school production, so I have taken on the task again, of designing and making a portion of the costumes.
I'm telling y'all now, if I see another corset, I will scream.
tehehe its Halloweeny tomorrow!
Like my favourite day of the whole year. The day where I finally don't have to explain my crazy clothing habits and can go all theatrical on the poor inhabitants of London suburbia.
Oh joyous of days, must be celebrated in the style of a vintage cheerleader, of course! Last year I was a scottish vampire victim, the year before I was said scottish vampire, and then before that girl hit by car. Blood might be involved this year too...
So I'm going to hike up to London tomorrow and purchase a costume from beyond retro. Tehe I'm probably not going to even do anything tomorrow.
I'll go out and partake in some treating of the tricky kind, and then sit on a beach eating chips.
Cause that just how I roll yo
your love and general brilliance are like little blinged up dogs, dazzlingly lovely
Saturday, October 2, 2010
what an apt and well thought out title
sorry for my lack of posts, but the afore mentioned title has consumed me
what a strange thought
life has consumed me.
England seems to have sunk into autumn now, and the world has suddenly lost all its green and turned yellow and red.
its hardly even bloody October yet
this sudden winter induced writers block has caused a backlog of blog worthy material, so here I am spilling it
and what fashionable backlog it is
because last Sunday, I got to go to London Fashion Weekend
my squeeable enjoyment of the day, can only really be conveyed in picture form
I think 'beautiful' best summarizes my day. It really was wonderful and not even the spatterings of rain could dampen it.
We got front row seats for the catwalk as !well, though I think my sister might have found the box of free special k, a little more exciting. Or maybe that Jade was one of models, might be why we both had a mini freak out half way through it
I was also able to buy some gorgeous earrings from Les Néréides. They are just so cute, and I was really surprised to find them selling clip ons, and now thanks to them I get to have two deliciously sweet ladybirds whispering in my ears.
Talking about ears, I saw the most darling little necklace just as I was leaving. It was a tiny little rabbit with a triple layered chain, from the designer Sam Ubhi, and it made my heart break from its utter adorablity (I think I just made a word up..) I think this calls for an internet scour and possibly a trip to Tooting!
I always have it as I'm typing, a sudden burst of inspiration for a blog post, does anyone else have that.
I'll expend such thoughts into another posts about all my recent buys, which surprising have been quite a lot. Hehe, school just makes me spend more I guess.
I also just want to share one of my absolute favourite songs. I like listening to covers and remixs a lot more, because I don't know, they're just a lot different, and this one by Lissie is by far one of my favourites.
your comments and love are the utter most sweetness, like tiny delicate ladybirds buzzing along
p.s. X Factor season is upon us. And oh goodness I've actually fallen in l.o.v.e love with Aiden,
I didn't think any one would be able to replace Olly, but gee damn it that boy can sing! I might have to go listen to him again, hehe.